I view myself as a former violinst gone polyglot who speaks English, German, Finnish, Spanish, some Mandarin, and really rusty Hungarian. I can get by reading the news in French, and Russian is my newest language toy.
I speak the following languages:
For more information, see my LinkedIn profile (in German).
What have I done lately?
Often people are interested in what someone has done recently. In the past two or three months, I have done these things:
- Spoke English and German with engineers about technology.
- Defined a NABC (need, assessment, benefit, and the competition) to move technical documentation from Sphinx and reStructuredText to DITA, DITA-OT, and XML and Markdown.
- Got my hands dirty again with DITA and started contributing to the DITA-OT project.
- Provided a work-around solution for Docodoro, which potentially uses a non-backward compatible Git submodule.
- Steadily learned more Russian.
- Played with Pandas for Python.
I wish I had you as a teacher when I was first learning to speak English.
— Duc from Vietnam